Parkesburg, PA (PAR)
Passengers use a shelter on the platform located adjacent to the historic 1905 depot, which was renovated in the early 2000s by the local chapter of the National Railway Historical Society.
501 Maple Street
Parkesburg, PA 19365
Annual Station Ridership (FY 2022): 17,228
- Facility Ownership: Amtrak
- Parking Lot Ownership: Amtrak
- Platform Ownership: Amtrak
- Track Ownership: Amtrak
The current stop in Parkesburg is a shelter on a platform adjacent to the historic 1905 depot. After it ceased functioning as an active passenger station, the depot was leased to the National Railroad Historical Society (NRHS) in an effort to preserve the building. The old Parkesburg freight house had been demolished, and the local NRHS members did not want to see the same happen to the station, which was featured in the 1985 movie Witness.
In the early 2000s, the chapter members raised $10,000 from the local business association and repaired the depot’s roof. In 2002, NRHS subleased the entire station property back to Amtrak for use as a project office in conjunction with the Keystone Corridor Improvement Project. The master lease and the sublease expired in June 2007 and the NRHS chapter accomplished its goal of saving the building and making some necessary improvements.
Scottish-Irish settlers were the predominant community members in this area which predates the Revolutionary War. The area quickly grew in the 1800s and this growth attracted new industries. The railroad shops of the Philadelphia and Columbia Railroad were of particular note. This railroad went bankrupt in 1857 and the system was sold to the Pennsylvania Railroad. These same shops were first relocated to Harrisburg and then moved to Altoona.
In 1872, the Pennsylvania Legislature authorized the formation of the Parkesburg Borough. It remains a center for local and national industries.
The Keystone Service is financed in part through funds made available by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Platform with Shelter
- ATM not available
- No elevator
- No payphones
- No Quik-Trak kiosks
- No Restrooms
- Unaccompanied child travel not allowed
- No vending machines
- No WiFi
- Arrive at least 30 minutes prior to departure
- Amtrak Express shipping not available
- No checked baggage service
- No checked baggage storage
- Bike boxes not available
- No baggage carts
- Ski bags not available
- No bag storage
- Shipping boxes not available
- No baggage assistance
- Same-day parking is available; fees may apply
- Overnight parking is available; fees may apply
- No payphones
- No accessible restrooms
- No accessible ticket office
- No accessible waiting room
- No accessible water fountain
- Same-day, accessible parking is available; fees may apply
- Overnight, accessible parking is available; fees may apply
- No high platform
- No wheelchair
- No wheelchair lift