McCook, NE (MCK)
Considered the “gem of the prairie,” McCook was established in 1882 as the result of an agreement between the CB&Q Railroad and the Lincoln Land Company to form a new railroad center.
101 Norris Avenue
McCook, NE 69001
Annual Station Ridership (FY 2019): 3,345
- Facility Ownership: BNSF Railway
- Parking Lot Ownership: BNSF Railway
- Platform Ownership: BNSF Railway
- Track Ownership: BNSF Railway
For information about Amtrak fares and schedules, please call 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245).
The Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroad (CB&Q) depot was built in 1925, replacing its 1882 predecessor. The station, constructed of rusticated stone and light brown brick, contains an Amtrak waiting room.
McCook, considered the “gem of the prairie,” was established in 1882 as the result of an agreement between the CB&Q and the Lincoln Land Company to form a new railroad center near Fairview. The city was named after Alexander McDowell McCook, a Union Brigadier General. Charles Jesse “Buffalo” Jones built several ranches just northeast of McCook. He is usually credited with saving the American bison from extinction. Senator George W. Norris, who represented Nebraska in Congress for close to forty years, made his home in McCook from 1899 to 1944. He is known as the father of the Rural Electrification Administration that brought electricity to rural areas.
Amtrak does not provide ticketing or baggage service at this station, which is served by two daily trains.
Station Building (with waiting room)
- Quik-Trak kiosks not available
- No ticket sales office
- Accessible Restrooms
- Vending Machines
- Amtrak Express shipping not available
- No checked baggage service
- No checked baggage storage
- Bike boxes not available
- No baggage carts
- Ski bags not available
- Bag storage not available
- Shipping boxes not available
- No baggage assistance
- Same-day parking is available; fees may apply
- Overnight parking is available; fees may apply
- Accessible platform
- Accessible Restrooms
- No accessible ticket office
- Accessible waiting room
- No accessible water fountain
- Accessible same-day parking is available; fees may apply
- Accessible overnight parking is available; fees may apply
- No high platform
- No wheelchair
- No wheelchair lift