Kingstree, SC (KTR)
Founded in the early 18th century, Kingstree boasts a large downtown historic district and is known for its many beautiful live oak trees.
101 East Main St.
Kingstree, SC 29556
Annual Station Ridership (FY 2020): 6,101
- Facility Ownership: Town of Kingstree
- Parking Lot Ownership: Town of Kingstree
- Platform Ownership: CSX Transportation
- Track Ownership: CSX Transportation
The Amtrak stop in Kingstree, a white stuccoed brick building, was constructed around 1909 by the Atlantic Coast Line Railroad. Renovated for commercial use, over the years the depot has hosted a variety of restaurants in addition to the Amtrak waiting room.
Kingstree, the seat of Williamsburg County in the South Carolina low country, was originally part of the “Township Plan” that colonial governor Robert Johnson set up in 1730. The township, set out on the banks of the Black River, was named in honor of the English Protestant King, William of Orange. The township succeeded largely because of the raising and processing of indigo, which brought prosperity to the area, along with hemp and flax. During the American Revolution, several battles were fought in this area along with Francis Marion’s—the “Swamp Fox”—harassment of the British forces.
Williamsburg, the first settlement in the town’s area, later became known as King’s Tree because the King reserved all white pines for his own use in ship-building. In 1886, King’s Tree officially became Kingstree, the seat of Williamsburg County. The downtown has a large historic district, which was designated as such in 1982 in the National Register of Historic Places. The area is also known for its many old, beautiful live oak trees, despite being named for a white pine.
The Kingstree community is still largely agricultural, and is home to one of the largest cotton mills and tobacco markets in the state.
Station Building (with waiting room)
- Quik-Trak kiosks not available
- No ticket sales office
- Accessible Restrooms
- Amtrak Express shipping not available
- No checked baggage service
- No checked baggage storage
- Bike boxes not available
- No baggage carts
- Ski bags not available
- Bag storage not available
- Shipping boxes not available
- No baggage assistance
- Same-day parking is available; fees may apply
- Overnight parking is available; fees may apply
- Accessible platform
- Accessible Restrooms
- No accessible ticket office
- Accessible waiting room
- Accessible water fountain
- Accessible same-day parking is available; fees may apply
- Accessible overnight parking is available; fees may apply
- No high platform
- No wheelchair
- Wheelchair lift available
|Mon||08:00 am - 09:00 pm|
|Tue||08:00 am - 09:00 pm|
|Wed||08:00 am - 09:00 pm|
|Thu||08:00 am - 09:00 pm|
|Fri||08:00 am - 09:00 pm|
|Sat||08:00 am - 09:00 pm|
|Sun||08:00 am - 09:00 pm|