Holdrege, NE (HLD)
The 1910 Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroad depot was saved from demolition by a local resident who renovated it to serve Amtrak and commercial uses.
100 West Avenue
Holdrege, NE 68949
Annual Station Ridership (FY 2017): 2,002
- Facility Ownership: The Warehouse LLC/Shane Westcott
- Parking Lot Ownership: The Warehouse LLC/Shane Westcott
- Platform Ownership: BNSF Railway
- Track Ownership: BNSF Railway
For information about Amtrak fares and schedules, please call 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245).
The Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroad (CB&Q) built the brick Holdrege depot in 1910. During World War II, it was a major troop activity center and served a nearby prisoner of war camp. Marvin Wescott, a local resident, rescued the depot from demolition, had the interior of the building completely restored and installed a new shingle roof in 2002. The station was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1997 and is now used both as an Amtrak facility and for commercial office space.
Holdrege is named for George Holdrege, a civil engineer, who built the CB&Q as it came through Phelps County. Holdrege is listed among America’s best small towns and is the Phelps County seat. The Nebraska Prairie Museum is located one mile north of this city. It contains a collection of more than one acre of indoor exhibits, including collections of period clothing, antique vehicles and toys, farm equipment, tools and household items.
Amtrak does not provide ticketing or baggage service at Holdrege, which is served by two daily trains.
Station Building (with waiting room)
- Quik-Trak kiosks not available
- No ticket sales office
- Accessible Restrooms
- Amtrak Express shipping not available
- No checked baggage service
- No checked baggage storage
- Bike boxes not available
- No baggage carts
- Ski bags not available
- Bag storage not available
- Shipping boxes not available
- No baggage assistance
- Same-day parking is available; fees may apply
- Overnight parking is available; fees may apply
- Accessible platform
- Accessible Restrooms
- No accessible ticket office
- Accessible waiting room
- No accessible water fountain
- Accessible same-day parking is available; fees may apply
- Accessible overnight parking is available; fees may apply
- No high platform
- No wheelchair
- No wheelchair lift