Elko, NV (ELK)
Established in 1868 with the arrival of the Central Pacific Railroad, the town was named after the herds of elk once common to the region.
1300 Water Street (Train No. 5)
1301 Sharps Access Road (Train No. 6)
Elko, NV 89801
Annual Station Ridership (FY 2018): 8,656
- Facility Ownership: Union Pacific Railroad
- Parking Lot Ownership: Union Pacific Railroad, City of Elko
- Platform Ownership: Union Pacific Railroad
- Track Ownership: Union Pacific Railroad
For information about Amtrak fares and schedules, please call 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245).
The stop in Elko consists of eastbound and westbound shelters, repaired and cleaned in the summer of 2005, located on the platforms.
This area was originally inhabited by Native Americans and was a stop on the pioneers’ route to the west. The town of Elko was established in 1868 with the arrival of the Central Pacific Railroad. It was named after the herds of elk which once lived in the area.
Today, Elko has begun modernizing the city while striving to maintain its old charm. It is home to the Western Folklife Center, a regional nonprofit organization that works to expand understanding of the culture of people living in the West. Elko also has a Hollywood connection, as Bing Crosby once owned a ranch in the area.
Amtrak does not provide ticketing or baggage services at this facility, which is served by two daily trains.
Platform with Shelter
- Quik-Trak kiosks not available
- No ticket sales office
- Amtrak Express shipping not available
- No checked baggage service
- No checked baggage storage
- Bike boxes not available
- No baggage carts
- Ski bags not available
- Bag storage not available
- Shipping boxes not available
- No baggage assistance
- Same-day parking is available; fees may apply
- Overnight parking is available; fees may apply
- No restrooms
- No accessible ticket office
- No accessible waiting room
- No accessible water fountain
- Accessible same-day parking is available; fees may apply
- Accessible overnight parking is available; fees may apply
- No high platform
- No wheelchair
- No wheelchair lift