Mt. Pleasant, IA (MTP)
Settled in the spring of 1833, Mt. Pleasant was long known as the "Athens of Iowa" for its emphasis on education. The pressed brick CB&Q depot opened to passengers in 1912.
418 North Adams Street
Mt. Pleasant, IA 52641
Annual Station Ridership (2016): 13,504
- Facility Ownership: BNSF Railway
- Parking Lot Ownership: BNSF Railway
- Platform Ownership: BNSF Railway
- Track Ownership: BNSF Railway
For information about Amtrak fares and schedules, please call 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245).
The Mt. Pleasant depot was built of pressed brick by the Chicago, Burlington, & Quincy Railroad in 1912. Using monies that Amtrak received under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, the station received a new wheelchair lift and enclosure in 2010. Tactile edging to the platform and new static platform signage were added in 2011.
Settled in the spring of 1833, Mt. Pleasant was long known as the ‘Athens of Iowa’ for its emphasis on education. Iowa Wesleyan College, the oldest college west of the Mississippi River, was founded in 1842. Arabella Bobb Mansfield, an Iowa Wesleyan graduate, was the first woman to pass the bar exam in the United States in 1869. Mt. Pleasant and the surrounding towns which comprise Henry County were known for their leadership in human rights during the Civil War. This area was a stop on the Underground Railroad.
Amtrak does not provide ticketing or baggage services at this station, which is served by two daily trains.
- 100 Short Term Parking Spaces
- 100 Long Term Parking Spaces
- Accessible Platform
- Accessible Waiting Room
- Accessible Water Fountain
- Enclosed Waiting Area
- Pay Phones
- Wheelchair Lift