Browning, MT (BRO)
Open during the winter season, the Browning station serves the eastern side of Glacier National Park. The city also plays host to the annual North American Indian Days, a celebration of the arts and cultures of Northwestern tribes.
Heart Butte Road and Depot Road
Browning, MT 59417
Annual Station Ridership (FY 2018): 1,334
- Facility Ownership: Amtrak
- Parking Lot Ownership: BNSF Railway
- Platform Ownership: BNSF Railway
- Track Ownership: BNSF Railway
For information about Amtrak fares and schedules, please call 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245).
Browning is the largest community on the Blackfeet Indian Reservation. Open in winter only, the station serves as an alternate for the East Glacier stop following the closure of the lodge at East Glacier Park at the end of the summer season.
In 2012, Amtrak improved the station by installing a 110-foot concrete platform, walkway ramp, platform lighting, wheel-chair lift enclosure and handicap parking stalls. The drainage system at the station was also improved. In November 2013, the old wooden depot, which had been in disrepair, was demolished by BNSF Railway. Passengers currently wait on the platform for the train.
Browning is well known for its Museum of the Plains Indian, founded in 1941 to display and interpret the arts of Northern Plains Tribal peoples including the Blackfeet, Crow, Assiniboine and Nez Perce. Exhibits include clothing, horse gear, household implements and toys. Every July, Browning hosts the North American Indian Days celebration. Sponsored by the Blackfeet Tribal Council, the four day event is one of the largest gatherings of American Indian and Canadian tribes in the Northwest, and includes dancing, games, sporting events, parade and an arts and crafts fair. Many attendees pitch traditional tipis for the duration of the festival.
Amtrak does not provide ticketing or baggage services at this facility, which is served by two daily trains.
Platform with Shelter
- Quik-Trak kiosks not available
- No ticket sales office
- Amtrak Express shipping not available
- No checked baggage service
- No checked baggage storage
- Bike boxes not available
- No baggage carts
- Ski bags not available
- Bag storage not available
- Shipping boxes not available
- No baggage assistance
- Same-day parking is available; fees may apply
- Overnight parking is available; fees may apply
- Accessible platform
- No restrooms
- No accessible ticket office
- No accessible waiting room
- No accessible water fountain
- Accessible same-day parking is available; fees may apply
- Accessible overnight parking is available; fees may apply
- No high platform
- No wheelchair
- No wheelchair lift
|Mon||12:00 am - 12:00 am|
|Tue||12:00 am - 12:00 am|
|Wed||12:00 am - 12:00 am|
|Thu||12:00 am - 12:00 am|
|Fri||12:00 am - 12:00 am|
|Sat||12:00 am - 12:00 am|
|Sun||12:00 am - 12:00 am|