107 Bicentennial Drive Princeton, IL 61356
- Annual Station Revenue (2013)
- Annual Station Ridership (2013)
|Facility Ownership||BNSF Railway|
|Parking Lot Ownership||BNSF Railway|
|Platform Ownership||BNSF Railway|
|Track Ownership||BNSF Railway|
|Accessible Platform||Accessible Waiting Room||Dedicated Parking|
|Enclosed Waiting Area||Long Term Parking Spaces||Restrooms|
|Short Term Parking Spaces||Wheelchair Lift|
- California Zephyr
- Carl Sandburg
- Illinois Zephyr
- Southwest Chief
Local Community Links:
Originally built in 1911 by the Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad (now BNSF Railway), the station at Princeton, Ill. was recently renovated. It now has a new roof and gutters, new brickwork and upgraded restrooms because Amtrak and the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) joined with the city of Princeton to begin a $665,000 renovation in 1998. IDOT funded 41 percent of the work, the city of Princeton paid for 39 percent and Amtrak paid for the remaining 20 percent. The work took six years and includes new platform lighting and improved canopies.
Princeton was first settled by New Englanders in 1833. It was known as a haven on the route of the Underground Railroad. John Bryant, one of the founders of the Republican Party, made his home in this historic town.
Amtrak does not provide ticketing or baggage services at this facility. A caretaker opens and closes the station.
Princeton is served by eight daily trains. The intrastate trains are primarily financed through funds made available by IDOT.
As of August 2007, anyone visiting the Princeton station can enjoy free wi-fi Internet access courtesy of the city of Princeton.